0
Poem

My blog is not dead lah... I just feel too lousy about life to blog about anything interesting.

Here's my Sec 1 poem, since EOY is coming, and I frigging hate exams, and I frigging lost my talent at writing, I have to reproduce this 2-year-old poem, to rant about confines in life...

Sorry if it sucks, actually I think many sentences are way too long, cumbersome and inelegant and the stupid meter is screwed up.

Better appreciate it though, had to type out the whole thing, bloody com crashed and lost my data.

Anyway, here goes...

An ode to nature--the therapist

You are,
The joyous sunlight scattering o'er the Earth.
Oh, such brilliance, grandeur and warmth.
Your pure gold washes away the dark sorrows within me,
Replacing it with an unrestrained glee,
As i dance gracefully in your embrace,
The flowing contours of my body matching those slender rays.

You are,
The vast enormity of the unchanging blue sky,
In which one zestfully yearns to fly.
Oh, how you reassure me, that I'll never
Have to suffer the confines of the hall again. That mindless terror.
Your borderless body subsumes mine,
I am rejuvenated with the joy of transcending limits that will never bind.

You are,
The slowly seeping silence of solitariness,
Weaving your tendrils around the crux of my sadness.
Oh, you remove me from the muteness of terror
And the raucous racket of the car exhaust. You know clearer
Than anyone, that I need not the din nor the frozen silence of fear
But the soft silence and music of beauty for the ear.

You are,
The gentle fingers of the balmy breeze,
Lovingly caressing my aching heart. A breeze,
Ever-changing as the mist at the bay,
But undying as the searing sunlight of the day.
Your soft, cool kisses are the medication
For the sickness within me that heralds my damnation.

Pure, you batter away those floods of despair.
Timeless, you bundle my troubled soul in your embracing care.
Never changing in a generation of humans,
You give me reassurance, when I'm in your presence.

Gone is the agony I had to suffer
Down in the cramped confines of the papers.
You give me freedom, you loosen the tangle
Of my emotions, as I am subsumed into your many acres.

But though you are my joy, my spirit, my love,
You have a sense for mirthless mirth.
Why do you vanish, the moment you know,
That my despair has fled
And I've changed into the glorious gold?

Friday, October 3, 2008 ; 5:49 PM