0
Painting nails

I should be mugging for CCT, but im painting my nails instead, an elegant maroonish-black sheen, such a sexy colour. Yup, and I cut my nails on a hypothalamus paper… Here’s the picture!








If you believed what I just said, my bsing skills must have improved. Actually the mugging part is true, but the painting nail part was lame, so here’s the bigger picture!







And my other hand...







Stupid open house, the silver nitrate experiment was totally fail, and I think some of the primary school students probably got black finger tips too. Anyway Guo and I ponned the silver nitrate experiment lesson for SCSF, so I didn’t realise the effects would be that bad. But well, Yap was worst, he breathed in lots of conc ammonia and conc HCL fumes, good luck to his life :) !!!

Seems I just mentioned open house, I might as well talk more about it. Was terrible, we were confined to such a small space, chemicals spilling everywhere and that Russell spilling ethanol everywhere and cackling at the crackling flames. Got really sick of flame tests and talking about the same thing one hundred times, didn’t really understand why primary school kids find playing with fire so fun, gah! And cos they were so young, we couldn’t explain as well as we wanted, and it was harder to speak and catch their attention, especially since the flames are way more colourful than my stupid voice, so I felt very sian and just simply explained the stuff, didn’t really care whether I was explaining right, in fact I think we kept mixing up the colour of sodium flame and up to now I still dunno whether its yellow or red or something else. Should be yellow right? Anyway, some parts were fun though, when parents or maybe even the more sciency kids actually asked questions, goes a long way in boosting your morale cos you know someone’s actually listening. Effective communication is dynamic, 2-way process. For example, there was one MOE teacher who grilled me on the programmes, but I hate it when ppl arch their eyebrows and paint on fake smiles to acknowledge that they are listening, I find it quite pretentious and conclusive proof that the person isn’t really listening to you…. Nvm, had fun talking to her. And there were 2 china girls who actually understood the science, whew, what a relief… Oh ya, I had an interesting time speaking Chinese to another china woman! Crap Crap Crap, I gonna hibernate in 8 minutes, better go back to my nails.


Anyway my sister freaked out when she saw my nails, wanted “quarantine” my cup, spoon, fork, milk carton, whatever rubbish I touched. She thinks the silver from my hand will fall all over the place and kill everyone (cancer, etc etc). Seriously, silver nitrate isn’t like lead or mecury… Of course, its still stupid to eat silver nitrate, as with any other chemicals, but trace amounts trapped in dead skin cells??? And cancer??? Hahaha. Sometimes its funny how comical pseudo-science can get. Like I remember last time one of my sis used told me spectacles make your eyes smaller (shrink), and I was laughing inside… of course lah, divergent lenses, your eyes WILL appear smaller than it actually is, DUH, but it wont SHRINK…. Anyway I shouldn’t laugh at ppl, my science dam screw up sometimes too, and she got some reason to think im stupid, since im usually so lazy until I leave the milk in the open until I leave the room (actually I don’t really care about bacteria multiplying, after all we finish the milk so fast) … But even as I laughed at my sis paranoia, I realized my skin was already flaking off and if I wasn’t careful the skin would enter my food, so I went to scrap some stuff off, and…. Heres the extreme makeover!










Ok crap, im screwed, lots of rubbish due last week of school and I haven’t started on any cos I slacked away the whole of yesterday and today morning, so that’s all for now…………….Back to oxytoxin.... oh wait, or is it oxytocin... crap...

Sunday, May 24, 2009 ; 3:05 PM