0
Time flies

Sigh, life's quite boring and lacks some meaning without CCA training... Well maybe its more varied but nevertheless, i miss the intensity of training. Still its great to be back home in the early afternoons and mugging or whatever next to the window. Can reminisce about primary school days where i totally loved the radiance of the sunlight, the tranquility of early afternoon (before parents and sisters came home) and the accompanying calls of the birds in the opposite flat. Jeez, i would stare out of the window and look at outline of the bricks of the opposite flat to see whether my eyesight had degenerated. Time seems to stop and you lose yourself in a comforting peace.

And since i just read benjo's recent post (advertisement), my reflective side is stirring again. I know i promised myself i would reflect on my four years in hockey but then... just dont have the inspiration and time to do it now... Maybe do it for the sport essay lah (fulfill my English requirements)...

Last three years in RI, I've been coming home at 7+++, such an intense and packed life, esp cos of 9 hours of training, then RA, then some other weird stuff. Now when i walk home everyday, I see so many other neighbourhood school teenagers at the bubble tea shop, playing table tennis in the void deck, playing b-ball in the courts and going to the court, and just cant help but wonder just how much I have thought about non-elite school students over the last 7 years. Truly, most of us RI students are like living in a cacooned, ok not this word...implies lack of activity... , so living in a sequestered world... like those convents in cities centuries ago??? Whens the last time i played b-ball in that court and hung out with friends in my neighbourhood, p3? p4?... And not many RI guys play sports with neighbourhood friends i guess. For me, my neighbourhood has no space in my heart nor life at this point in time, its just my school and my house and my friends' houses... And I feel this sense of detachment and estrangement from my neighbourhood because I used to spend so much time roaming around the neighbourhood with my friends and bicycles, till i transferred to Cat High, so well.............................. My childhood and adolescence are like totally immiscible, jarring juxtaposition of mismatched memories....

Shyt, i got chem test, time to let my work subsume me again, I must stick my head back into my shell once again!!!

The End

PS: I shall write a happy post soon (been saying this for quite long :)

Monday, May 25, 2009 ; 6:17 PM