0
New Year!

Aha, I have changed my blogskin again, cos it’s a grand new year! It’s been too long since I last wrote, and no doubt no one ever reads my blog again, but “Hi again!” to any random reader!

Perhaps it is time for a recap, before 2010 heads into full swing, and washes away the memories of 2009 with its frenzy of new, exciting experiences. NO doubt I’ve learnt a lot of things about life, the life I want to lead, myself and my friends in this past year. In the past four years of my secondary school life, 2006 is undoubtedly my most focused and single-minded year, 2007 a tumultuous, angsty, and depressing year filled with self-doubts, 2008 a rather blank, antisocial and distrustful year (I cant remember much of what happened???, other than OBS and OIP), and 2009 a year in which I have experienced much stuff that I never thought I would experience (Making great overseas friends, getting a spontaneous pneumothorax, giving a speech in front of a big audience, and many many other more personal stuff). And of course, I ended off 2009 with a very very GAY awesome night!

The future’s an uncharted territory, as Carrie Underwood says “"God put us here on this carnival ride, We close our eyes never knowing where it will take us next" in her beautiful song “Wheel of the World”. Yet we can help ourselves by making some new year resolutions, and here are some of mine (which I want to share)!

1) Train my handwriting and pre-empt an A level disastrous failure –I realised I have been writing the wrong way for 16? years, according to http://www.paperpenalia.com/handwriting.html
2) Spend more time with friends and family if possible
3) Do things one step at a time and stop skipping stuff the way I like to do
4) Speak better
5) Stop procrastinating and live in the present
6) Be a better listener
7) Maintain a sleep routine—seems dam impossible
8) Be punctual for school—seems even more impossible, oh yeah but now jc starts late, great!
9) Learn more Cantonese
10) Build up my fitness and all the muscles I lost wasting away at home while im recovering from the stupid surgery
11) Be more gracious to people who helped me in my life
12) Have better EQ
13) Do more CIP that I really believe in
14) Accept myself
15) Maintain my reading habit
16) Drink more water
17) Be more positive and refrain from cognitive distortions (go read about them, very impt!)
18) Let go of past baggage and forgive people
19) Be more familiar with Orchard Road since I always get lost there
20) Be LESS SELF-DESTRUCTIVE, stop getting injured!
21) Update my blog more regularly, with less negative stuff?? IDK seems like a lot of interesting stuff in my life just get washed away by the passage of time. I don’t even like taking photos in the first place.

Of course I have many more, but I just wanted to share these..

Happy New Year!

Friday, January 1, 2010 ; 2:58 PM